Thursday, January 12, 2012

Valentine Card....Sketch Inspiration

Sorry ladies my voice isn't back yet.....so no videos for a bit. 
I sound like Kermit and I'm sure no one needs to hear that!
Instead I have another Valentine Card idea.
This one was inspired by the beautiful card below I saw on Pinterest.
She used a Sketch and I loved her interpretation so I gave it a shot. 
I used my FAVORITE color scheme and of course, my Cricut Cartridges and here's what I came up with.
Key Ingredients:
Cricut Craft Room Font 1/4"
Art Philosophy Leaves 1.3"
Formal Occasion Hearts 1.5"
Black & Red Cardstock
Stitched Ribbon
Echo Park Yours Truly Paper from 6x6 stack
Sizzix Embossing folders
Hope you like it.  It's hard to see the embossing on the 3D hearts but I really like the effect.
Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments :

Lizzie Laine said...

Cathi,
I love your valentine card it is so pretty!

P.S. did you get my emails?
Want to make sure they went through.
thanks,
Elaine

mamawcindy said...

Your Card is so Pretty! Valentine Cards are so Fun! TFS :0)

Candy said...

Beautiful!!

Jessica Buffa said...

Wow, I love your interpretation of that card. Beautiful array of V-Day LOVE!!! Hope you get your voice back soon!
:O)
Jessica S

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like the Valentine card. Especially like the banner/pennant shape behind the hearts & the placement of the hearts on it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Great take on your inspiration piece!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Yvette said...

Love your cards and all of the details. New follower here :)

Beckie said...

That is a pretty card to CASE. Yours looks super pretty. Love the 3D hearts.

Be blessed, Beckie

AmyJRockstar said...

Wow! Both of these are so beautiful! You did an amazing job using the second one as your inspiration. I am in love with those gorgeous hearts! I'm gonna have to scraplift this idea from you...It's just too lovely!

XO ~ Amy Jo

Created by kim said...

cute card! Thanks for checking put my blog! You are the first person to comment thank you sooo much

Sherrie K. said...

Wow! your card is beautiful!! Love the rich colors you used and the hearts are gorgeous:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Shannon White said...

Wow Cathie!! this is Drop dead GORGEOUS!! 8-) Love the EP papers you chose and Love your 3d embossed hearts too! And I have been wanting the Art Philosophy Cartridge Forever! lol So thanks so much for the inspiration! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Linda Harris said...

I love it!!! I also made the yellow card from Pinterest. But I love your take on it!!! Linda Harris