Monday, January 30, 2012

FCCB Challenge #96:3x3 Valentiny Challenge

Welcome to another project listing for the {Fatabulous Cricut Challenge Blog}
This week's challenge is called Valentiny (create a 3x3 Valentine Card).
A few of us were lucky enough to work with some of Miss Emma's (of My Creative Time ) wonderful stamp sets.
I used her 100% Sweetness Set.....Love It!!!!!
I created a Valentine Card/Picture frame with card stock and acetate (transparency material).  
I created this project in the Cricut Craft Room and will happily email the cut file to any one that would like to give it a try.  
Just leave me a comment with your email address and I will send it to you.
Here are the other supplies I used along with more pictures.
I started with my Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake cartridge to cut the front square with a heart shaped opening and then I cut a heart shaped frame from some WeR patterned paper.
I also cut a square from white cardstock and used the 100% stamp set to stamp XOXO in 3 coordinating colorbox ink colors. The flowers are from Iamroses...they were white and I used my own homemade glimmer mists to color.
I scored & folded my front piece at 1/4 " and 1/2" from each side to create the pop out frame. 
I then cut a piece of transparency material  to cover the front opening and used my StazOn fuschsia pink ink pad to stamp the adorable cupid from the stamp set.  
I used my ATG gun to adhere the clear sheet to the inside of the heart opening.  I glued the white stamped square to the back piece of the card and adhere the entire piece together.
I then cut a 3 x3 1/2" piece of  pink cardstock and used my MS heart border punch along just the top edge
I used the tiny hugs & kisses stamps from the same My Creative Time stamp set to stamp the border.
I then added black & white gel pen details. 
To make sure the pink card with sentiment on the back doesn't slip down past the card I used a scrap piece of cardstock to create a tab to keep the bottom closed.
To help the entire thing stamp up like a picture frame I used another scrap of  hot pink cardstock measuring 1/2" x 1 1/2" to create a triangle stand that I glued to the back.
When the pink card with the sentiment on the back is pulled out the base of the card can be used as a Valentiny Picture Frame.
I decorated the front with some glimmer misted roses to match the paper & some twine and a tiny button.
Here is one last look at the finished piece.
I had so much fun working with the 100% Sweetness Stamp Set from My Creative Time.  Be sure and Click on Emma's blog name if you want to check out her site and all of  her wonderful stamps sets.
I have already started making more Valentine projects with this set that I hope to share soon.
Be sure and try a 3x3 Valentiny Card and share it with us over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.
I will also be entering this project in the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog
this week they have a photo inspiration challenge and I used the colors from the picture to inspire this project.
Thanks for visiting!

18 comments :

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful 3x3 Cupid Valentine's Day card. I have the Martha Stewart Seasonal cricut cartridge. I'm not familiar with how to use a shared cut file. Do I download it to my PC & then onto my Gypsy as a project? My Cricut is not in the same room as my PC.
I'll email you my email address.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

DIANA L. said...

This is so adorable I just love those little hearts on the top The color is super sweet(because it is pink)

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Sooooo cute! I love how this turned out--you are soooo talented :)

Melanie Makes said...

Very creative frame, I love the XOXO's in the background.
Melanie

Sherrie K. said...

Wow!! Cathie this is amazing!! you did an awesome job and I love the cute flowers and of course Emma's stamps:) Nice work my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Cathie,
This is so fabulous!!! I just love the way you created this card and all the details. I woukd love the cut file.
Charlotte
wilsonca at vestavia dot k12 dot al do us

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so sweet! Great design!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cathie Rigby said...

Tried several times to email you,but kept rejecting. Could you use the contact me form to send me your email address so I can get you the cut file. Thanks-Cathie

Cindy Beland said...

This is such a SWEET card!AWESOME job with all the great details!:)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a cute card! Love the hearts at the top and the cute little cupid. Love the dimensional look. You are inspiring me to try the Cricut Cutting Room.

JustYolie said...

It turned out so CUTE!!! I love it! Thanks for stopping my blog! Wanted to invite you to visit Link Up for Pink's new home: www.linkupforpink We are celebrating with several giveaways. :)

Glora said...

Wow this is super cute! That border you made at the top with Emma's stamps is ADORABLE! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is darling! I love the cute little hearts! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at My Craft Spot this week!
Amber

Kristi said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining the PKS challenge!

Melissa said...

This is a little treasure- amazing

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is BEAUTIFUL. I love all the detail.

Happy Craftin'!
Jewels

Jennie Garcia said...

Awesome idea!! It turned out super cute!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Glenda said...

Georgeous card! Love all your beautiful details!
Glenda