Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sweet Sentiments

I am just having so much fun with my Copics and New Sensational Season Stamp Set from Close to My Heart.  Here is another Spring/Easter Card I created with some $1.00 finds at Michael's.  

I also wanted to announce a Fun New Idea my family is going to start.  Once a month I am going to gather as many Thinking of You, You are so Special, and Happy Birthday cards that I can, and take a trip with my kids to a local Nursing Home.  The plan is to share a little love with those that sometimes get forgotten in our busy lives.  My mother worked as a nurse in many nursing homes while I was growing up and I remember weekends spent with our many adopted grandparents.  They are great memories of my childhood and I want to be able to share that with my children before they start to leave home.  For my local Creative Cutter Friends if you are interested in a card making get together to help make some of these cards-let me know-the more the merrier!!!  I will have all the supplies on hand I just need some Creative ideas to get us started.  I am going on a Retreat just before Passover and hopefully I can come back with  loads of cards to deliver in time for Easter & Mother's Day.  This was actually my Hubby's Idea and we had a fun time naming our New Adventure.  We are going to call it Sweet Sentiments.  I can't wait to get started!!

7 comments :

4kids4 said...

Your card is so pretty...love the stamp and the lace. Your Sweet Sentiments idea is terrific...and so thoughtful..what a great gift for your children!!

~Sharon C.

Carol W. said...

Beautiful card! Love the Sweet Sentiments idea! What a fantastic memory for your kids. TFS

Unknown said...

I am loving your bunny stamps! and that lace is adorable!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Andrea said...

A wonderful card - so loveley image - great!
Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

mitch1066 said...

What a wonderful idea!These days i think many people are missing out on a relationship with the elderly.

Kel said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the lacy look and the vintage feel to it!

Yolanda said...

I really like that idea! I would love to help with such a great project! It's just so thoughtful!