Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Project Organizer

I FINALLY cleaned my Craft Room yesterday(big mess-huge-very very messy).  Between back to back Retreats and a little trip to Elko I couldn't find anything!  So before heading off to my All Day Cricut Class today I tore into my Craft Room and discovered that I have a lot of Projects in Progress.  The main reason my desk and tables were covered was all of the pieces of paper and supplies that I really couldn't file in my scrap drawers because I still needed them to complete various projects.  So I took a Medium Priority Shipping Box(free at your post office)
and I measured 11 inches from one end and made myself a cut line.
I then built the box and covered with some some paper from the DCWV Garden Party Stack.
I added a Cricut cut Title using my Nifty Fifties Cartridge, and then created some envelopes for holding smaller pieces of paper, embellishments, or diecuts that went to a particular Project.
I used 9x12 Clasp envelopes and cut a notch in front so I could see a bit of the papers inside and another cut across the top to remove adhesive portion.  I added my Project Name or Description
and then filed all of the 12x12 or 6x12 sheets behind each pocket page.  I have about 10 ongoing projects in each box and believe it or not I filled up two boxes!!!!
At least now my desk is empty (for now) and my projects are together and easily accessible at the end of my desk.  I just need to pull out the larger sheets and the pocket page and I am ready to go.
I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but I feel like this will keep me more Organized going forward. :)




11 comments :

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is a great idea Cathie!! Thank you :0D

SiskiyouSue said...

Thanks! I have the same problem, lol.

Georgiana said...

Great organizing idea.

Georgiana

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, I love it and I'm going to do it, need lots of help with organization!!
Cindy

Yolanda said...

I think that's a great idea Cathie. TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

jessica said...

Great organizational idea! I have a bunch of projects I want to do and have going so i might have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

zgoof said...

wow... you always amaze me!!!!

4kids4 said...

Great idea...thanks for sharing! My unfinished projects are all swimming around in the same box! :-(

~Sharon C.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great idea, I already use the box but I think I will be adding these envelopes!

Tammy said...

Great idea....Thanks for sharing it with us.
smiles...Tammy

Ale said...

a great idea i totally going to try it! TFS