Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hope Happens Card





 I needed a card for a relative that is recovering from their last round of chemotherapy.  I thought a bright card might be a nice way to lift her spirits.  I created a very simple version of an easel card with a premade white card base.  I used some brown & pink patterned papers and some fussy cut butterflies from the same paper line.  I used some rosebud fibers and a Martha Stewart border punch.  Underneath the butterflies I used a Flourish Shape button #16 from Accent Essentials out of Gold Cardstock.

When you open up the card there is another butterfly to hold open the card with a sentiment of Hope happens
If you open up the card completely there is room for a personal message.  I used Perfect pearls to add dots to all of the butterfly wings and to the lace edge on the cover.  Hope my ex-mother-in-law likes the card.  My kids thought she needed a pick me up.

4 comments :

Yolanda said...

That is a really pretty, thoughtful card. I'm sure she'll love it.

Ava Gavloski said...

very pretty

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the butterflies!

Lena said...

Very pretty card.