Sunday, November 28, 2010

Santa's Bag Mini Album





I created this mini album for my Swap Partner over on Your Paper Pantry.  I created my OWN SHAPE in chipboard and then covered it with quilt batting and red silk fabric.  I created a cinch closure to keep the 7" round chipboard pages all nice and snug inside.  I Love how this Album turned out and think I will be making some more.  I have a friend that I think needs a Santa Bag this Christmas.  I have posted the video below so that you can watch a more detailed description.  I also have two more Holiday Projects I will post tonight and tomorrow.  I just can't get enough of Christmas Projects!

I have been asked to explain how I display MY own Mini's so I thought now was a good time to do that.  I just love making mini's!!!! It gives me a sense of completing something.  I can usually create one in a day or two depending on how quickly the image pops in my head.  I use my mini's as Home Decor Items.  I display them for the Holiday they represent and then pack them away with the rest of the ornaments or decorations.

My sweet Hubby Kyle also made me a display coffee table that acts as a horizontal shadow box and I have some of my Family's Favorites displayed under the glass.  I have to say that my Children are the main reason I make so many Mini Albums.  They love seeing their pictures out and remembering moments we have shared together in a quick and compact sort of way.  The mini's can always be handled-They are interactive and are NEVER HANDS OFF-so that makes them even more FUN for kids.  Its the kind of thing they like to SHOW OFF to friends or dates.  It is so much easier to show a quick mini about a Fun Event or Holiday then to drag out the YEARS worth of Scrapbook Albums chronicaling their lives.
As long as my KIDS like them I will keep making them-they keep us chatting and sharing and every new adventure becomes MINI WORTHY!

3 comments :

Mollie said...

Will this kit be for sale or in a class?!?! sooooo sooo cute! You have an amazing talent and I am so glad I got to know you!

Cathie Rigby said...

Yes-I am creating kits now-Should be ready for next week. You can order finished for $25. or Kit for $20. You are sooo sweet-Thanks!!! :)

Yolanda said...

WOW! You are amazing! I love what you have come up with and I really like your blog!!