Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tip Tuesday! Birthday Party Planning!

Hi everyone! Tonya here from Itty Bitty Ladybugs to share with you my tips and tricks for planning birthday parties.

Birthdays; they come around once a year and are a big deal to many. Growing up birthdays were not a big deal in my family and I think that’s why I go a little over the top when birthdays roll around for my kids!


As fun as birthdays are they can be expensive and a LOT of work. This is where my Cricut comes in. There are a number of party cartridges out there that take all the guess work out of planning the party.
Robot Party
Space Party
Girl's Makeup Party
Princess Party
Elmo's Party

These carts are great providing invitations, thank you notes, favor bags, hats, decorations and so much more. But don’t think you need a party cart to have a great party. Last year my daughter had a gymnastics party so I put my thinking/creativity hat on and decided the theme would be Tumble Bugs and I would use my Create A Critter cart to make all the decorations and invitations.
Any of these Cartridges can be ordered in the Creative Cutter SHOP under Cricut Level 2 Cartridges for only $25.00 plus shipping.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning a party.
  • What are the birthday boy/girls favorite things? Your theme should start from here.
  • Food. Keep it simple. Pizza is always a good bet but depending on your guests ages and the season so are burgers, chicken nuggets or tacos. Also don’t think you have to provide a meal. Snacks are perfectly acceptable; that’s what I served at my daughter’s party.
  • Start early. If you can take your time you’re less likely to get burnt out and more likely to enjoy the process.
  • Take shortcuts. Whether it’s using an event cartridge or going to the party store don’t think you have to make everything from scratch with all new, original ideas.
  • Recruit help. The more people helping you out the less stress you’ll feel. Remember birthdays are supposed to be fun!
  • You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Pin the tail on the donkey has worked for YEARS so why not use it at your party. Sure you can change the donkey to Minnie and the tail to a bow but don’t feel like you need to come up with new games to play.
  • Pinterest can be your best friend or your worst enemy. It’s a great site for getting ideas but you      can easily start feeling like your party isn’t good enough. Always remember the party is all about the birthday boy/girl. Their likes, dislikes and interests should be what guide your every decision.
I hope you find these tips helpful! And now IT’S YOUR TURN.
What are your birthday party planning tips? Do you have a favorite birthday memory as a child? Or maybe you’ve planned a party that you really enjoyed. I’d love to hear about it!

Thank you Tonya for sharing these wonderful tips with us!

5 comments :

Carol's Creations said...

Great tips for party planning. I did Elmo for my youngest for her 2nd birthday last year and it was a blast. The Elmo cartridge was perfect for it, plus I know I can use it in the future for other projects!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Thanks for sharing your tip!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful party tips. We had several themes for my daughter's b'day parties: Snoopy theme, Scooby Doo theme, Harry Potter theme & more.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

DIANA L. said...

Super tips Tonya thanks for sharing.

An'Jenic G. said...

Hi Cathie,

Cricut blog site is giving 10 of your books away. Boy I hope I win one.

http://cricutblog.org/?p=4571