Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Talk Time Tuesday: Friendship

I had a chance this past weekend to reconnect with some really great friends at my son's farewell luncheon and that has prompted this quick and easy card about FRIENDS.
I find it difficult to make new friends sometimes---maybe some of you do also----being a Mom I find my days are usually consumed with kids and their many wants and needs.  Finding time to chat with friends is sometimes limited to an email here or there.
When I worked outside of my home I was able to make some great friends in my place of business, but sometimes with busy schedules and busy lives  the opportunities to connect and get together for any length of time becomes rather limited.
Thankfully-
With  my Retreat Getaways and this new wonderful blogging community I am able to dedicate some time to making and developing some really great friendships with creative women that share some similar interests! Yeah!!!
So....I decided today we should chat about those wonderful friendships in our lives.
Take a minute to share a comment about your  friendships and how you try to stay connected and I will choose one random person to receive this 6x6 paper pad from 3 Bugs in a Rug.
I for one feel really blessed to have some amazing WOMEN in my life that love and support not only me but my family.
You can submit a comment anytime between NOW and NEXT WEEK's Talk Time Tuesday to qualify.
This is open to anyone that would like to share---no need to be a Follower--of course
I always LOVE new bloggy friends!!!!
Hugs~
Pin It

10 comments :

Bonita said...

Great card and sentiment. Most of my friends have evolved through church and our shared desire to be Christ-followers. Very grateful. Thanks

April said...

I stay connected with my friends by making sure we go to lunch or a movie at least once a month together. We also have an annual "girls" Chritmas party :)

Chriss America Real said...

Back in 2008 I had to retire from a job I LOVED with the federal government on disability. I was totally lost! All of my friends were my co-workers. My children were grown and off to college, my husband travels a lot for work and I found myself very alone. I would watch all my neighbors leave for work everyday and wonder what I was going to do with the rest of my life? Then, my dog of 13 years died from liver cancer and I was really lost! I got an e-mail from a gal asking me if I would take a boxer/plott hound puppy she rescued from a kill shelter. It was the best decision I ever made! I started taking my new puppy (Louie) with me everywhere. I took him to the dog park, made friends there, took him to obedience classes, made friends there, got invited to join a group of ladies that scrapbook called the "Croppin' chicks" made even more friends! Now I have my blog www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com (the Lou stands for Louie of course) and I feel like my life is overflowing with friends! That saying really is true..."When God Closes A Door, He Opens A Window" Hugs!
Chriss

marg0006 said...

My friend and I maintain a connection thru the phone and also try to see each other at least once a month. Sometimes we have indoor fn and other times we go outdoors.
marg0006@verizon.net

Denise said...

My best friend is Mollie. She is the bestest friend everone could ever have. We have lived next door to each other for 4-5 years before we started talking and realized that we had crafting and scapbooking in common. Almost 2 years now and we always are trying to get away and scrapbook together at least once or twice a month and also go to Cathies retreats at Tintic Goldminers Inn to reconnect with some wonderful friends that we have made there along the way.

DIANA L. said...

I have a best friend that we actually call ourselves BFWF- Best female womb friends, because her mom and mine were pregnant at the same time. We went all through elementary school together and even though we live 2300 miles away we make sure to get together at least once a year. There are other areas of my life with great connections to. I have met some wonderful people in the world of blog- which I now consider friends- I have met some in person.

Thanks for the great giveaway Cathie
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Oh how we forget how wonderful it is to have very special people in our lives. I try my best to keep in touch as much as possible. I've been in a family who moved very often to i've not had a chance to make lasting bonds with high school friends, but during my adulthood things have changed and friendships i've made stay active....thanks for reminding us all...
www.justwordz.ca

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is super sweet!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

K Clark said...

love the friendship card!!! My best friend moved across the country and I miss her daily - we stay in touch though phone calls and yearly visits :)

Sherrie K. said...

What a sweet card! I am so blessed to have my wonderful friends in my life. One of my best friends live right here in the same town and we are together almost everyday. She always has my back and truly an a mazing person.
I am also touched by the amount of friends that I have acquired on my blog..amazing and so grateful for all of you!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com