Monday, November 28, 2011

FCCB Challenge #88 Holiday Cards

Still time to try out for our Design Team  CLICK HERE for more info.
Welcome to another project listing for the {Fatabulous Cricut Challenge Blog}
This week's challenge is Holiday Cards
I created an Acetate Card (using transparency material).  This product can be purchased at any office supply store or your local craft store.  
Key Ingredients
MS Seasonal Cake Art-snowman 2"
Cricut Essentials-decorative frame 4"
Acetate Sheet
Staz-On Ink: white & metallic
Snowflake Stamp-g studios
Sentiment Stamp-Bo Bunny Clearly Stamps
Silver Glitter Craft Foam
Aqua Craft Foam
CS: white & aqua bazzill
I-rock & bling
Cyan Cat's Eye
I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet in half.  Score each piece in half again to create card.  I used some DCWV glitter paper for the base inside the card and some glittery crafty foam for the frame on the front of the card.  I used Staz-On metallic silver & Opaque white ink for the stamped sentiment and snowflakes.
I used MS Seasonal Cake Art for the Snowman.  I used my Gypsy and the Hide Select Contour feature to cut just the hat & scarf in foam with my Deep Cut Blade (Multi-Cut 2).
I added the aqua Bazzill cardstock to the back outside of the card.  When closed all of the Layers show thru nicely.  The final touch was to add some bling with my I-Rock.
Here is my finished card......hope you like it.
Thanks so much for stopping by, be sure and leave me a comment-I love reading your feedback.  I hope you will make a holiday card and submit it over at FCCB.
~Hugs~

31 comments :

jessica said...

This is beautiful Cathie! Love all the bling and that adorable snowman :)
TFS

Sherrie K. said...

Cathie, you did a fantastic job on your holiday card. I love the pretty blue colors, sparkly look and adorable snowman. Awesome job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Very pretty. Love that snowman. That paper looks good in a snowman cut.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Kate said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way the base of your card is a transparency! And the blues and silvers look fantastic together. Great job!

*Star said...

Beautiful card! I love the sparkle! Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

Charlotte said...

Oh, this is just so pretty. I love the beautiful frame. The snman and the icy blue just makes it look like a winter wonderland. So pretty.
Charlotte

GiGi said...

What a fabulous card! I love the glittery frame and cute snowman! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Larelyn said...

Oh Cathie, this card is just stunning. The colors, the glittered frame, the adorable snowman all go together to make a beautiful card.
Hugs,

girlia said...

pretty card.

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love the glittered frame and the cute snowman! So many pretty details!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is adorable!!!!! I love the snowman and the cute window and frame. You should enter this at My Craft Spot this week window challenge.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful card! Love the bling and window!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

shelly said...

cathie this is so pretty i love that you used acetate with this. the window frame is neat. thanks so much for sharing with us at whimdesigns :)

Sabrina said...

This is beautiful! I love the snowman and the frame, so pretty and sparkly.

Sabrina said...

It's me again! Thanks for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday too!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful snowman Christmas card. Especially like the color blue used, framing & silver glitter.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Hello again! I'm back to say thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot! Your card is just perfect for the window challenge!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper
smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

Melissa said...

This is simply adorable, thanks for joining CCC!

Lolis said...

Your card is awesome! I love the layers, the acetate and the BLING!

Jennie Garcia said...

Super cute card!! I love the blue and the snowman!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

DIANA L. said...

This is just beautiful I love everything about it.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Josephine said...

What a lovely Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jayne said...

Pretty card.Love the sparkle and your cute snowman.Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.
Jayne x

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love the colors you chose - thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicious this week :)

Dee Burns said...

Beautiful card. Love the glitter frame and especially the Snowman. Layout is spectacular.
Very creative.

Happy Holidays!
Dee B

Peggy T. said...

Cathie, what a lovely card. I love that little snowman and of course I love the glitter frame.

Doreen said...

beatiful card. Just gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty cardmakers this week.
Hugs,
Doreen xx

Bamabel said...

So sparkly and festive! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

Aymee

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card!! Love all of the glitter! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Lin said...

Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley for our sparkle challenge.

Lin

Jan Hennings said...

awww! This is absolutely adorable! Love the little snowman :) Thanks for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon, Sparkle and Shine!