Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Talk Time Tuesday: Quick Tip-Rosettes

To enter to win Acrylic Stamp Set Click Here
Love Bug Challenge for Jasmine Cart Click Here


Here is our Quick Tip for today by Creative Cutter Gaby
If you do not own Tim Holtz Rosette die, you can still make beautiful Rosette flowers
These flowers are one of the latest trends in Scrapbooks

Here you see a Rosette created with a half 1/2" and inch and another with a one 1" inch piece of 11" long piece of cardstock
Here you see the strip being scored every half an inch before folding in a zig-zag motion


Here you see another possibility --
I cut 5 strips of a border from the MS All Occasions Cake Cartridge
That is 5 strips 2" height and 9" width adhered together


Instead of scoring every half an inch, I scored at every peek and valley
Here are the 5 strips attached
Here I am ready to attach/adhere them all together to create my Rosette
On this step, you push down and inward

With a little finesse and playing with it, it is easy (both hands helps!)
Taking pictures with the other hand!
Here they are ---
Additional tips --
The longer your strip (attach several together) the fuller the flower
The taller your strip of paper, the longer it need to be to create a fuller flower
You need to glue some element on both sides such as a glue dot and/or any kind of embellishment
My larger flower will have a letter on top (I am creating a banner for my sister's 40th)
When creating a large flower like mine for a banner, a glue gun works best
The smaller flowers are being held together with a glue dot and a button on one and a simple circle on the other---
The embellishing options are endless, use your imagination!!!  --glitter glue, glitter, fabric, pearls......
This can also be created with your edger punches to create a variety of designs!!
You can place on smaller on top of another!! and on and on....

5 comments :

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Thank you so much for this! I want to start making some with banners like I have seen so much recently, so thank you for the help!
Lisa

Kel said...

I do love these rosette..I don'thave the TH die cut either and have done on my own.. it's a great tip..thanks!

hilda'scraftylounge said...

I love making these medallions I use my MS scoreboard also don't have the Tim Holtz die. I've enjoyed your blog and have I have given you a blog award !!! hop over to accept !!! Thanks

Yolanda said...

That's really cute! I haven't seen them done with banners, but I like the idea. I'm going to have to try my hand at it. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love the rosettes. I started making these about a month ago. I have the Tim Hotlz die but have yet to use it yet. I enjoy making them from scratch instead.:)

Hugs,
Stephanie