Monday, August 30, 2010

How I Failed Kindergarten....

I am a Mom to six beautiful children that are my Pride and Joy.  My oldest is now 20 years old and my youngest is 5 and yes you guessed it going to Kindergarten this year.  My five older children were all very ready for kindergarten on their first day.  I have mostly been a Full-Time working Mom thru all of their lives and have only been a Stay at Home mom with Kylee my last child.  When my other 5 children started school they could count to 100, they could tie their own shoes, they could write their first & last name, and they could already read some basic 3 letter words.  Well of course being a SAHM has been wonderful---I have been able to spend so much more time with my little one and thankfully I have been able to start my Scrapbook Business which I enjoy so much!

Wouldn't you know it though---When I took my little one to test for kindergarten I earned my first ever F in Kindergarten!!!!  Well of course they were not handing out grades but that is the grade I felt like I left with because my sweet little Kylee was not ready to write her name, she didn't want to count past 25,  she didn't want to name her colors and she could only name 3 of the 26 letters of the alphabet.  My Kylee can however start the computer and log on to her favorite web pages.  She can turn on a Cricut and find mommy's favorite cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up and did I mention she can beat almost all of us on WII games!  Yikes...I feel awful for not working more on preparing her for Kindergarten.  Luckily she is such a bright girl--I know now that she is in school she will overcome her Mom's shortfalls.  She came home from school today and can write her name perfectly!

Thank goodness for TEACHERS!!  I have had many many wonderful teachers in my educational life and even more wonderful Men and Women have been involved in my Children's Educational Lives  that I hope we can all thank these wonderful people for the work they do with our children!!!

My daughter Jasmine created this Einstein poster last year in school and she used her very own Baby Bug to create it.....I know I have mentioned it from time to time in my classes so I thought I would share a picture of it now that School is back in Session....Here's to all of our little geniuses and the many wonderful pictures they will give us this year to scrapbook!! :)

No comments :