Monday, October 8, 2012

Canvas Corp. Blog Hop

Welcome to the Creative Cutter Room featuring Canvas Corp Blog Hop

We are so happy that you are joining us today! Each of the Creative Cutter Room design team members will be showing off some amazing projects using Canvas Corp products. Did you know that Hobby Lobby carries Canvas Corp products? Hint hint!! You may want to pick some up because we will be hosting a Canvas Corp challenge soon!

You should have reached me from Diana's site.  

Make a stop at each of the Creative Cutter Room Design Team member's blog, leave a comment on each, then head over to the Canvas Corp Facebook page and leave them the following comment: 
" I just hopped along with the Creative Cutter Room Canvas Corp Blog Hop!" 

Now lets get hopping....
I took a plain brown plate I purchased from Hobby Lobby and used the wonderful Canvas Corp Chocolate & Ivory Paper Collection to create a new home for one of my husband's favorite pictures.  I started by using my Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut a 8 1/4" circle that would fit in the center. 
I then cut a scalloped circle from the Storybook cartridge out of the chocolate & ivory polka dot paper to place behind the picture.  I used more of the same paper in smaller scalloped circles to create a grunge flower sprayed with glimmer mist.  The gold flower on the plate was made using Canvas Corp's gold embossed paper....this stuff is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the look, texture and weight of this paper.  Even embossed it cut beautifully on the Cricut. 
I also used 4 mini canvases and 3 pennant tags from their product line.  I cut the triangle pieces down a bit so they fit on each of the 3x3 canvases and then sprayed them with some glimmer mist to match the other jewelry dept. embellishments from my stash. I used some floral dept. accessories like a large stem and some feathers for that FALL LOOK.
My studio is heavy on the red decor so I covered one of the mini canvases in red burlap to tie it with my room.  The last step was to add letters selling "LOVE"" with the Art Nouveau cartridge.

I hope that you liked my project.....I really LOVED working with Canvas Corp!  Their paper is versatile, their card stock is the best I have found to use with your Cricut, their specialty products are unique and add so much to your Paper Projects.
Be sure and check them out they are definitely worth Buying & Trying!!!

I thought it would be fun to share some of this wonderful product with one lucky Follower, so I created a sample pack of Canvas Corp products.  All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. I will close the comments on October 15 and announce the winner that week. Winner must contact me within 1 week to claim prize.

Sorry Due to postal issues this is open to US Residents.
**One entry per person please**


Hop along, leave a comment on each blog, become a Canvas Corp Facebook fan by  leaving them the following comment:
 " I just hopped along with the Creative Cutter Room Canvas Corp Blog Hop!" 
and you could win:
The Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge
(case not included)
You next stop is The Canvas Corp. Facebook Page

The Line up:
Carri 
Tracy
Georgiana      
Diana
Cathie
Canvas Corp Facebook Page

24 comments :

June Houck said...

What a transformation! A simple brown plate up-cycled with great papers and fabric. Perfect for autumn. Beautiful job, Cathie.

jessica said...

WOW!!! Cathie this is awesome!!! Love the whole look, all the gorgeous details and colors!
TFS

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Love it! Great detail and so many pretty embellishments. I'll have to check out their products next time I'm at Hobby Lobby.


Tara

tt.scraps said...

WOW!! I love this project! So cute! Makes me want to run to HL! :) Good thing I took today off because it looks like I will be busy. LOL!
Your newest follower...

Unknown said...

I am amazing in the transformation. Excellent!!!dulcindaa.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Hi Cathie,
A Plate?...WOW!!I am speechless but I have to say BEAUTIFUL!!What a BEAUTY!!Love the Color Combo!
Using mini canvas is so Cute!have never altered a Plate but Thanks for the inspiration!WOW!
Enjoy your day,
Migdalia

Tracy said...

This is so pretty Cathie!

Unknown said...

Great project. I love the feel of the project. It can go in a fall direction or even an antique direction. Thanks!

The Snell Family said...

I have hopped, thanks so much, all of the blogs have given me such inspiration! now I am itching to get scrapping today!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute cute project tfs!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love those fall colors with that touch of blue!

DIANA L. said...

Great job Cathie, I just love all the elements you used and showcasing Canvas corp products.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

silvia said...

Gorgeous wreath!!

marg0006 said...

Great looking wreath.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Karen said...

Cahtie what an amazing project your attention to details is fabulous. Just a wonderful hop all the dt projects were great. Karen www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS Cathie, this is so amazing a so beautiful! It is filled with dimension and so many wonderful textures. I just love this! What a awesome hop! Love all the inspiration!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow I love the frame. Great embellishments all around. TFS AJ-

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This came out beautiful! Love all the details you added!

Lisa Rea said...

All the details in the wreath are beautiful!

I've been a fan for a while and as I commented on Diana's blog, we should be rewarding you fabulous ladies!

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
www.ScrappyDistractions.blogsot.com

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is awesome!

enjoy *~*

Cowgirlscrapper said...

The wreath is great. Nice colors. thanks for sharing and posting some candy. I am a new follower.Thanks !!

Maria said...

Wow! This is a great project!!! TFS

mvasquez69 at aol dot com

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Gorgeous home decor.love the flowers and leaves.

Lisa Rea said...

Cathie:
Has the winner of the Cricut Cartridge been announced yet? I've been checking out the Canvas Corp facebook page and here but haven't seen anything. Apologies if I am being blind!

I saw that Carrie posted her winner from the hop.

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions