Friday, June 15, 2012

Turtle Shaped Shaker Card

I have Hawaii on the brain still and I know my husband also finds himself thinking of our trip there from time to time.
So, I decided to make him a Father's Day Card that reminded him of one of our highlights.
Here is a Turtle Shaped Shaker Card made with Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge.
The Turtle is button #42 at 5.50" welded on my Gypsy
I also used sand from Kaui 
Acetate sheet
Brown Tombow marker 879
Olive Green Tombow marker 098
Signo white gel pen
Sheer ribbon tied with my Bow Maker
Papers from my store: Echo Park-Paradise Collection


Entering this in the following Challenges:
 Fantabulous Cricut Challenge: Father's Day-I think this qualifies as an outdoor theme!
My Creative Time- Throwback Thursday- Color challenge 
Here is a video sharing the details
Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments :

katieo said...

Your husband will love this adorable Fathers Day card. Great idea to use sand from your trip

Diane said...

Love your card!

Migdalia said...

Love it!Super Cute!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the turtle shaped shaker card. Enjoyed seeing Sea Turtles when hubby & I were in O'ahu in Mar.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

jessica said...

such an adorable card!!! GREAT colors and adorable cut :)

Tammy said...

What a wonderful way to remember your trip. This card will be cherished along with the sand it contains. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.

Cindy Beland said...

This is sooo sweet Cathie!GORGEOUS job with your cute Sea Turtles, Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge!:)

Cassandra said...

How cute! Love how you made it a shaker card...so creative!!! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

Missy said...

Oh wow this is a terrific card, I loved the shaker you put on the turtle's back--so clever!!

Sherrie K. said...

So super creative and awesome Cathie! love this:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cathie ~ Oh my how AMAZING is this card! I LOVE turtles and this one is so darn CUTE and CLEVER! I bet your hubby LOVED it! GREAT video too! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Kate said...

What a fabulous card, Cathie! I love the look of it! What a creative way to use the turtle's shell!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper