Friday, October 21, 2011

Wedding Gift Idea

Click{ HERE} for Design Time Thursday Holiday Challenge
My friend Kristina got married this month and I wanted to use her beautiful announcement and
engagement picture to create her a Wedding Gift Keepsake.
The announcement had a black large black damask pattern that didn't work with the LUSH collection from My Mind's Eye: flocked red patterned paper I was using so I trimmed the pattern down and then used my
Perfect Layers Rulers (1/8" size) (click on product name to get a set of your own)
to trim coordinating cardstock layers around the announcement.
I LOVE how precise the lines turn out!
I then used my Cricut to cut an elegant frame around her picture and then had so much
fun dressing up the look.
I used my glue gun to secure the Prima Embellishment and button and then added half backed pearls.
I left a little room above and below announcement in case she wanted to add personal notes or memorabilia.
I finished by adding the shadow box frame from Roberts Arts & Crafts and then packed it up.
I know you can tell from her wedding colors that I just loved working on this project and can't wait to make something similar for my Family Christmas Picture this year.

Red, White & Black-are FANTASTIC colors.
Hope you like this Kristina!
also....
Provo Craft has released more cartridges!!!
This time there were 13 new ones in lots of different categories:

3 Cricut Imagine Cartridges:  Santa's Village, Santa's Wish and Floral Emporium
3 Cricut Lite Cartridges: Cricut Pet Shop, Fast Food and Sweater Weather 
 Available at Cricut.com
6 Cricut Full Size Cartridges: Noah's ABC Animals, Ribbons and Rosettes, New Testament, Go Canada,
Paper Trimmings (Cricut Circle Exclusive) and Cricut 'Tis the Season (Creative Memories only)
1 Cricut Project Cartridge: Cricut Stencil

I personally can't wait to get Go Canada and finish scrapbooking my Cruise to Alaska that ended in 
Vancouver!!!



3 comments :

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great gift idea! Great colors too!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Joyce said...

So beautiful! I know she loves it!

Dayna Sabrina said...

This is a fabulous gift idea. I am sure you friend will treasure it for years to come!