Thursday, October 27, 2011

Emma's Design Team Call

Click{ HERE} for Design Time Thursday Holiday Challenge


Emma from My Creative Time recently posted her Design Team Call and I was so excited!
I love visiting her site and love using her stamp sets...so I immediately began working on a project to submit to her site.
I used the following supplies:
An 8x8 shadow box frame
Mom You Rock Stamp Set by Emma
Abbey Road Bo Bunny Collection Papers
(the giveaway for my Holiday Project Challenge)
Ribbon, String Pearls, Silk Flowers & Leaf
My Gypsy 
Cricut Cartridge Sophie
I want to share a fun tip I used while putting this piece together.
I wanted to make sure the picture of my Mom & Grandmother didn't get lost among all of the stuff so I matted it on a piece of foam board covered in coordinating paper.  I inked the edges and mounted to the center of my doily cut from the Sophie Cart.
I also created my own trim fiber by braiding my string pearls in between two different colors of sheer ribbon.
I really love the effect and used this piece all the way around the photo.
My Mom is a huge butterfly fanatic.  She collected them when I was a kid so I made this piece to give her as a gift.
Her Birthday is on Halloween so I hope she and Emma both like it!!

16 comments :

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great shadow box! She is sure to love this! Good Luck with the DT Call!

Anonymous said...

It is sooo pretty. Good Luck

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so adorable...I love shadow boxes..
Good Luck with the DT call..

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment..
Happy Crafting.. :)

Melissa said...

Nice Shadow Box. Thanks for the inspiration!

Glora said...

Very pretty Cathie, and what a sweet memento! It turned out beautiful. Good luck! Hugs- Glora

girlia said...

Love the shadow box. GL

D said...

The butterflies look awesome Cathie! I love the beautiful white flowers too. Good luck on the dt call :)

Pamela said...

This is fabulous! Good luck!!! :)

Amanda T said...

This is gorgeous! I love your butterflies and those sweet flowers. So beautiful!!

GabyCreates.com said...

You did a great Job Cathie! LOVE it! What a wonderful keepsake! Good luck on the DT call!!

JanJan808Kreate said...

Soo kute n kreative..good luck!

http://www.facebook.com/JanJan808Kreate
http://janjan808kreate.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

WOW!! this is really beautiful!! good luck on the DT call

Micia

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! The butterflies and flowers are beautiful. Good luck on getting chosen for Emma's DT!!

Emily said...

Beautiful shadow box! Good luck with the DT call!

Linsey R said...

OH wow, is this a beauty! I love your combo of colors, butterflies and flowers and the vintage feel you created with this charming shadow box. It's just lovely and of course, would easily earn you a spot on my DT if I were Emma--thank goodness I don't have to make her choices haha. Best of luck, not that ya need it! :)

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Wow this is so nice! Awesome job with this shadow box project! Good luck on the DT Call!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com