Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Cards from Scraps?

DSCN1504
Some of you may remember a Talk Time Tuesday post from Carri that shared some tips for using up paper from our Scrap Collection.
Well…..I did just that this past week when I felt inspired by a  new patterned paper collection  and our Holiday Challenge.
DSCN1500
I pulled out all of my leftover RED cardstock and found some Christmas themed acrylic stamp sets and got to work.
DSCN1508DSCN1509DSCN1510
I started cutting the cardstock to make some common sized cards 3x3, 3.5 x 4.5 and I even had enough to make some 4x5 and 4.25 x 5.5 sized cards.
I used maybe a total of 3 pieces of patterned paper and one piece of paper that had images I turned into die cuts with a lot of fussy cutting.
You can see that I not only cleaned out a drawer from unused cardstock but I got a JUMP START on my Holiday Greetings.
DSCN1505
Hope you like them!
If you feel inspired then: Click{ HERE} for Design Time Thursday Holiday Challenge

2 comments :

Sheena said...

Beautiful cards!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These came out awesome! Love all the layers! Way to get ahead!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com