Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Talk Time Tuesday: Mollie's Tip

Quick Tip Tuesday...Cleaning Up Your Craft Room!!
Our Tuesday Tip comes from one of our NEW  Design Team members Mollie.

First of all I would like to introduce myself. Hi, this is Mollie. 
This is my first time doing a quick tip Tuesday so I hope you all enjoy.

Once a month my girl-friends and I have a crop day. 
We trade who's house we go to and we always watch chick flicks, have snacks and if we are lucky between all the gabbing we get some crafting done. 
After a  few times of doing this I got an idea... there are things in my craft room I NEVER use, maybe one of my girl-friends could use it. So we started a swap table.
 We set aside one table in the room that we put things we no longer want. 
Through out the day the gals look through it and some days the table ends up empty and other times it doesn't. 
We have found this is a really nice thing, because it encouraged some of us to clean out our rooms and actually look through all of our treasures. 
In a way I look at it as recycling because if I can't use it someone else can. 
So my tip for Tuesday is, look at what you have and if you know you aren't going to use it.... maybe your friends can.



Let us know what tips you have for getting rid of some unwanted or unused scrapbooking supplies and you could win our "mystery prize''.  
Just leave a comment with your tip and I will choose a Random winner on our next Talk Time Tuesday to receive a scrapbooking surprise.
ALSO
Be sure and stop by Mollie's site for some more really great inspiration.  Just CLICK HERE.

10 comments :

Judy said...

What a great idea, I wish I had some friends close to me that love this craft too....
Have a great day.
Judy

Houses Built of Cards said...

That is a GREAT idea! I usually just find that I have too much stuff, and give it away to whoever will take it! Or...give it to my daughters who love to "craft" with me! They are getting pretty creative on their own, and then they aren't into my supplies that I don't want them touching!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Karen said...

what a fabulous idea!
karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Kim said...

This is a great idea! I cleaned out my stuff and gave it to my daughter to get her started in scrap booking!
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
kfordyce6638 at gmail dot com

Jean said...

Great idea!!

DIANA L. said...

Nice idea

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

I like your idea of swapping with friends. And here are some other places that could use donated scrapping supplies: teachers, senior citizen centers, organizations that make cards for soldiers, and afterschool programs. You could also check with hospital pediatric units. Sometimes craft items are needed for kids in the hospital for long term care. Remember your unused supplies can be someone else's treasure.

Unknown said...

great idea, I often give my supplies to my friend who moved here to Washington from Ohio and had to leave everything there. She has everything in storage in Ohio, and isnt sure when she can go back. So I help her out when i can!
kacee

Unknown said...

I go to the local scrapbook store 2 times a year, and they have a yard sale where I sell my stuff for credit for the store.

Denise said...

This idea works great. I had a ton of stuff that I wanted to get rid of and actually took it to our last Scrapbook retreat in Eureka (with Cathie of course) and got rid of everything. It was great to not have to pack it back home with me because there were others that could use the stuff I wouldn't.
Great topic Mollie!!!