Thursday, July 14, 2011

Design Time Thursday: Summer Challenge

It is time for another CreativeCutter.org challenge!!
The theme for this one is 
Summer!!

I hope all of you are having a fun, relaxing and amazing summer!
Summer time is a time for lots of things...
family reunions
vacations
swimming
camping
and spending time outside!!

With all these things that happen all summer long I was trying to think of the one thing that is best about summer... and what I came up with isn't the best thing about summer, but it is one of my favorites.

At night after the kids are in bed, I take my kindle or a good book and make a drink and sit on the deck and enjoy the breeze and smells of summer. 
So my project was a "margaritaville" sign.


I used a wooden craft I found at the dollar store as the back, then I used an fun and bright animal print for the back ground. I used vellum for the glass and glitter paper for the drink. I used diamond dust on the rim of the glass to give it the salt look. I used my crop-a-dile punched 2 holes thru it and cut the letters out in vinyl. I used ink around the edges to make it look all black.
I hope you enjoyed my little sign and I hope the rest of your summer is great!

Thank you Mollie for this wonderful Summer Idea-Post a comment about your favorite Summer Craft Idea and we will choose one random winner to receive a 6x6 Paper Stack & a BoBunny Noteworthy journal card set.
Last Week's Winner chosen using Random.org is:
#4

Blogger Kim said...

This is a great idea! I cleaned out my stuff and gave it to my daughter to get her started in scrap booking!
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com
Congratulations Kim use the Contact Me form to email me your snail mail address.  Thanks for all of the wonderful comments everyone!


6 comments :

Carly said...

Hi here's my card! http://carlys-crafts.blogspot.com/2011/07/beach-time-fun.html

Houses Built of Cards said...

Great sign! I love the frosty edges on the top! I think my favorite summer project is scrapping pics of my kids playing in the sun!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

at the beach the kids always bring me rocks, so many rocks that I end up with a pocket full by the end of the day, so we let the kids paint them and put them in the "rock garden" next to the fence in the back yard!
kacee

Kel said...

MMMM ...looks good, cool and refreshing!. Nice job..love it!

callyannc said...

Hi! I am a new follower and love summer. My favorite summer craft is making Loli Pop Pots and Pails.
We give them as gifts and such. I have one posted on my blog...Thumper Pot!
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Becky Dunham said...

This sign is adorable and that margarita looks good enough to drink! My favorite summer craft would have to be painting plein air (that means outside on location), but i don't get to do it as much as i like.

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com