Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday!

Tip Time Tueday...
Things I use in my scrap~room, that some people may think don't belong


#1 Baby Wipes~ I use them to clean up my desk after using stamps, or
glitter. I also use them to clean off my self-healing mat. I have used
them to clean off my stamps. And also to clean up my hands
after inking or using glue so I don't get it on my project where it does not belong.
#2 Lighter~ I use this for my ribbon and to distress paper. The way I use it 
on my ribbon is to keep it from fraying. I will light it and gently get it close just
enough so that my ribbon will not fray. Also I sometimes will burn the edges of a paper
to make it look distressed.

#3 Rectangle Nail File~ I use this mostly to distress my paper edges, but there 
has been time when I am working with wood that it will sand down rough edges.

#4 Plastic Putty Scraper~ I use it to gently remove large items off my cricut mat. 
When I have a large item I have cut out and it has lost of little pieces out of
it I notice it comes up better all at once. So I use the scrapper and it 
comes right up.

#5 Zip~Lock Bags~ I use these for putting in scraps, I found the really large
bags at the dollar store. It will fit 12x12 pages with room to spare. I sometimes will be
working on a project and get stuck and so I will put everything that goes with that project in it 
and store it for when I get inspired again.

and last but not least.... my dogs!
All of my dogs have thier own spots in my room, I love to be scrappin'
and be able to feel them with my toes under my desk. 
It is just not the same scrappin' with out them :)

I hope this gave you some ideas and tips on things you can use!

Wow! These are some great tips Mollie! 

Leave a comment here and over at Mollie's Blog  Cricket's Cool Creations   about something Mollie suggested or about something you use, and you will be entered in our random drawing for a Cricut cartridge!



12 comments :

Karen said...

Cathie all great tips never thought about the plastic putty scrapers but makes total sense they will be perfect will stop and get some of my own soon...I don't thing my husband will share his ;)
karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Adrian said...

Thanks so much for some great tips!

June Houck said...

Great tips! I use all of these too except for the lighters...tfs :)

Jen said...

Great ideas! The wetwipes are necessary, aren't they?
TFS.

Alli H. said...

Super great tips. I never thought of using a lighter to aid in distressing paper before. I will definitely try that one. Thanks.
allihi72 (at) hotmail (dot)com

DIANA L. said...

Thanks for the great tips.


DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am headed right out to get some bags from the $ store!!! I need the 12x12!!! TY!!!
kacee

Becky Dunham said...

Fabulous tips! i just recently started keeping baby wipes in my craftroom - i saw a tip about wiping away part of a stamped image to modify the image and thought I would try it (I am so sorry I can't remember who mentioned it but someone from Tickled Pink Stamps DT) Of course, all of the reasons Mollie gave for using them are even better and more obvious :)

Coffee said...

Thanks for the wonderful tips, the baggies are a life saver. I use them to make up my own page kits and store them in a plastic container. I also include my embellishment in the bag. I need to incorporate all of the other items you mentioned, tfs.

Patti B said...

Great tips. I use my wood burner to keep my ribbon from fraying. A bit safer and neater than a lighter. Plus paper towel bounty with the smaller size is a must for me.

Pamela said...

Hi! These r some great tips! Especially the sanding block and the spatula idea. I've never tried the lighter idea but will, just hope I don't catch it on fire! Lol I've already been doing the baggy thing and it has been so helpful! Also the baby wipes I've used but not for everything you mentioned. But I will now! Thanks for sharing all you're ideas.

Grandma Bugs Place said...

Great tips! I will be getting those putty tools and the lighter is one I could use now on a project I am working on.

Thanks again!
Marcie