Thursday, May 12, 2011

Time to get rid of all that Scrap pattern paper!

Hi this is Carri from DoubleClick! Since Cathie with the Creative Cutter Room is on her Creative Cutter Alaskan Adventure I thought I would pop on over and share a quick tip  with you!


I have lots of pattern paper scraps:



Since I make cards 99% of the time, I cut my pattern paper scraps to the size of my two top card layers for a size A2 card.

First layer is cut at 5 1/4 X 4:



Second layer is cut at 5 X 3 3/4:


Then I match colors together, use a border punch, add string, round the corners and adhere them together:


Then when I am ready to make a card I just pick a card base and I am ready to go!

You can also use this technique on a lay-out when making  photo mats!

Hope you enjoyed this quick tip!


5 comments :

hilda'scraftylounge said...

Great tip I have a box of scraps as well I think i'll try that TFS

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tip.

coupondenise at live dot com

June Houck said...

This is a terrific idea! Thank you for sharing, Cathie.

grammiej said...

KOOL! I love your idea, guess I will have my afternoon and evening activities!!
Thanks for sharing such a great tip.

jashmore1944@att.net

Sherrie K. said...

Please stop over to my blog. I have something for you to pick up!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com