Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gingerbread House Creative Cutter Style

I was asked by the Canyons School District to teach a kids Christmas Craft for their after school community education project and I thought why not.  They told me I would be teaching 3rd & 4th graders and as it so happens I have a 4th grader so I thought this would be fun.  I had a hard time deciding what to do, but finally chose a Gingerbread House.  Kids love gingerbread houses right?  Well my House has a surprise.  Once the kids paint & decorate this foam core house.  They will be able to open it up and use it to imagine Santa coming over for a visit.  I covered the inside walls with felt and the inside of the roof with Chalkboard Vinyl and the kids will be able to interact with their Gingerbread House.  This class will be taught on Dec 7th and 14th for one hour each time.  All supplies are included and should be a great time for all.  I will be posting a video next week after the first class with measurements if anyone would like to try one for your little ones at home.  The version my kids will be using will of course heavily feature Paper Doll Dress Up & Winter Frolic Characters made with what else my CRICUT.  




1 comment :

Ale said...

what a great idea!! i'll be waiting for the video!!! excited to try this with my kids!!!