Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Talk Time Tuesday: Thank You Easter Bunny

Well it's getting closer and my kids are excited to see what sweet treats the Easter Bunny will bring.  For this week's Talk Time Tuesday let's talk about your favorite Easter memory.  This is an especially religious time of year and that usually means we are all thinking about family and those special traditions.  My favorite Easter memories involve playing on the front lawn in our new Sunday Easter best and waiting for my mom to serve a spectacular feast.
I created this fast little bunny box full of Easter M&M's yum.  I used a band aid box I purchased at my local craft store.  I used Modge Podge to adhere paper to the body and lid of box and then I used the following Cricut Carts:
Give a Hoot for the Tree
Winter Woodland for the Bunny
Plantin Schoolbook for the Grass
I used foam tape & embossing folders to create depth.  I also used Distress Stickles on the tree.
Now for our Winner for last week's Talk Time Tuesday:
Chosen with Random.org



 Houses Built of Cards said...


Very cool to see them in action! I have wondered how they work! 
Congratulations!  Contact me with your snail mail so I can mail you your new BoBunny paper pad.
Leave a comment this week and I will choose one Random winner next week to receive the above pictured Bunny Box.

13 comments :

Houses Built of Cards said...

WOW!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait - more PAPER!!! I am emailing you my address now...

And I think my favorite Easter memory is how my mom always made us a new outfit for Easter. My sister and I got cute dresses, and my brothers and Dad got new shirts. Money was often tight, but she always found a way to make it happen. We looked forward to it SOOO much!

Thanks again!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

COngrats! And Cute project!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS and GRAPHICS said...

I have some blog candy to give away for my birthday
I'm already a follower
Come and BEE a follower on my blog
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Cute box! Never knew that kind of box was called a band-aid box. I learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing.

coupondenise at live dot com

Lisa said...

My favorite Easter memories are the ones my family is making now with the little ones....Easter egg/basket hunts in the house because it's snowing outside....camping at the dunes with friends and family.....kids loving the Easter Bunny, from a distance!

Love the idea of using the band-aid box...gave me an idea to use empty mocha containers....

Thanks!
Lisa

cghundley said...

Cute idea! I've used the boxes for other things, but never for Easter. I'll have to make one up for my husband!

Carla from Utah

Micki said...

This is such a great idea, not to mention absolutely adorable. I love it and am thinking I may have to dig some of my tins out. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Easter Challenge.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is such a cute box! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacey~CWC DT

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This box is beautiful! I love the bunny! I'm going to have to find some of these band aid boxes!
My favorite Easter memories as a child were going to church then to my grandparents for a wonderful dinner and a special egg hunt where my grandfather would fill the eggs with little slips of paper with special trips written on them (like a fishing trip w/ PopPop, McDonald's or to the nickel/dime store with Gramma)! We didn't miss the candy because it was so exciting to win the special days and even better having them! After the hunt my grandfather would take all of the grandkids to the movies and give the adults a free afternoon! My new Easter memories are the ones we are making with my children!

LAscrapper said...

What a beautiful gift box!! Now your children will have memories of what you make them....like this! That's a priceless gift!

Thx for sharing! I'm inspired now!

Besos,

Melissa
Melparra@hotmail.com

TannyP said...

What a great gift - and a perfect way to use up those tins I've collected! Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Easter Eggstravaganza!

Jen said...

Too cute, Cathie! Thanks so much for joining our Easter challenge at Cooking with Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Roberta Guditis said...

What a great idea! That's so cute!!!! TFS Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut.

~Roberta, CWC Design Team
www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com