Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Talk Time Tuesday: All in One Embossing System

This week Creative Cutter Gaby is sharing her a Tip for using the new All in One Embossing System.  Be sure and visit her blog to see all of her wonderful crafting creations.  Leave us a comment and one person will be chosen randomly to receive the Bo Bunny 6x6 paper stack Blast Off.  The winner for last week's Talk Time Tuesday will be posted at the end of this post.

Gaby here with a Tip on Tuesday:
This is the Cuttlebug All-In-One Embossing System. You must purchase this separately from the embossing plates.

Here is one of the embossing plates.This is the Cupcake Celebration. 

You open the case to find the positive and negative plates inside organized in plastic masks?

I lifted the cupcake one and you can see the other parts in this
separate mask/container.

If you are not careful lifting your mask/container, this is what happens.  Some of you might be OK with this, but some of you might want to keep them all organized.

I chose this corner design for demo purposes. Here you can see the positive plate (green) and the negative plate (clear).

Here I aligned and placed the positive on the bottom to emboss and the clear on top. Make sure they align on the pegs. 

Here I placed my cardstock before running through the embossing
machine. 

If you are going to use a Cuttlebug, you need to place two B plates on top of the All-In-One and insert in your machine arrow first. 

If you are going to use a Sizzix Big Shot, you place your two clear
plates on top before running it through. 

I additionally tested with one clear plate on top and another one on the bottom instead of both on top, and it worked just fine. 

Here you can see that I embossed (green on bottom, clear on top)
 and I debossed (clear on bottom, green on top). I am loving this system, I hope you enjoy yours!
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!
Last week's winner of the 8x8 Paper Holder & Sweet Stack Papers chosen with Random.org
 Denise-Scrapmouse said...


Thank you for this tutorial. I just started a mini album for my niece and I'm having a hard time but you've provided me with some inspiration. Thanks!
Congratulations-send us your snail mail so I can send your candy.

12 comments :

SiskiyouSue said...

This is really interesting. Thanks for showing how it works.

siskiyousue.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

Very cool to see them in action! I have wondered how they work!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This looks like a lot of fun stuff! Thanks for showcasing this item! I need to try it!

Angie A. said...

wow that looks great...and the BoBunny paper pad...so cute I would love to win this paper....

Kim said...

Thanks for the tutorial!! I was wondering which embossing method is the best? The Cuttlebug or the Sizzix Big Shot?
~Kim

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Woo hoo - thanks for the blog candy win! I'm getting ready to send you an email with my info.

Also, thanks for being an enabler and showing us a new Cuttlebug toy. LOL. :)

coupondenise at live dot com

Unknown said...

Crazy cool! I have never seen this product! Thanks for the look and tort!
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Scrapper-K said...

How cool is that...I want one hee hee thanks for the tutorial!! Your blog is great for a newbie like me, imma learning lots.

The Cropping Canuck said...

Thanks for sharing. I have never even seen these before.

Doug and Heidi said...

This is fun. Where did you get this? I haven't seen one before. TFS.

Unknown said...

Wow that is too cool!! Thanks for sharing!!

Denise in WA
www.rndhud6.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Thanks for posting this! I didn't even know there was such a thing! I haven't seen it here in Canada but WILL be keeping an eye out now. I LOVE embossing and this looks fantastic!!