Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

In honor of thinking green today I decided to make a card using only paper from my SCRAP box.  Many of us cardmakers and scrapbookers are natural recylers since we can't bear to waste even the tiniest bit of CUTE paper!  So here is my Bubble Gum Card using my Stampin' Up set Something Sweet and some My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie scraps I had in my box.  I used Glossy Accents over the gumballs to make them look like they were in a real glass machine.  The inside says Wishing you the Sweetest Day Ever!


REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE-----
I think that's the slogan for today on National Think about the Planet Day!  Okay-I know its called Earth Day but I hope we all take a moment not only to conserve our resources but also to appreciate this beautiful world we live in.  In Utah we had one glorious beautiful sunny day where my neighbors and I took to our gardens, went to the park or sat on the front lawn watching the kids ride their bicycles.  This was then followed by a  day with rain storms, dust clouds, and hail so big it felt like someone was throwing marbles at me.  Both of these type of days make for some beautiful flowers coming up in my Garden, A new appreciation for Sunny Days (and those of you that know me know I'm not a SUN girl) and of course some incredible photo moments for those of us that didn't let our rechargeable batteries go dead(oops).  So take time to spring clean your scrapbook supplies and donate them to your local school,  weed through the clothes your kids or you have outgrown and donate to a Thrift Store, trade out some old light bulbs for energy saving ones or take a nice hopefully dry walk somewhere with the family instead of driving.  I plan to not only make more of an effort to recycle but also to appreciate this BEAUTIFUL planet.  The colors in nature are far superior to my Bazzill collection-and that's saying something for some of us scrapbookers!~