Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday! Curling Ribbon!!

My Tip Time Tues is ...
CURLING RIBBON!!
I just learned this over the weekend and want to share with all!!
Items needed:
ribbon
scotch tape
all metal knitting needles (I used size 5)
cookie sheet
water
and last but not least an OVEN :)

Step one: Preheat your oven to 200 degrees F

Step two: Tape the very end of your ribbon to the top of your knitting needle, then lightly wet the ribbon just unlit it is damp. Then wind your ribbon around the knitting needle. (the closer or tighter your wind the tighter the curl) Then tape off the other end.


Step three: Place knitting needle on cookie sheet and put in oven for 10-15min, depending on your oven and how damn your ribbon is. I suggest checking on the ribbon every 5 min just to make sure it doesn't burn.


Step four: Remove cookie sheet with knitting needle from oven... please use a hot pad :) and let cool for about 5 mins. 
Step five: Then when it has cooled, un-tape the end and unravel... and ta-da!! You have curled ribbon!! 

I love this new tip and trick and I hope you do to... here is a small project I made with it!!


Thanks for checking out the CreativeCutter.org Tip Time Tuesday!!
DT Member Mollie
Thanks Mollie for sharing this Quick Tip with us! Be sure to stop by Mollie's blog Crickets Cricuts Creations for more inspiration!
Hugs,

10 comments :

K Clark said...

wow...great idea!

Cathy said...

I think this is a fantastic tip!! I can;t wait to try it. But I am assuming the temperature is 200 degrees farenheit not 2000. lol
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

bonkdawn said...

Cool tip! Thanks for sharing!

lovemypaper said...

"WOW" tfs

April said...

Thanks for sharing! I have to try this (:

SuiLan said...

Thanks for the tip...Yippy, one more thing on my to do list. I love your work!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Thanks for sharing this technique. I never knew that the oven was the key. :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Looks so nice with pumpkin. Will have to give this a try. I'll have to explain to hubby why my knitting needles are in the oven. Heehee. Thank goodness we have a double oven.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Jessica Buffa said...

What a cool technique. Now I just need some knitting needles...LOL (I don't sew, knit, or crochet much). Thanks so much for the tip!
:O)
Jessica

cattysea said...

you can use this same technique with wooden dowels and they are less expensive than knitting needles.