Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cricut Cuttables Tip

I was teaching a class tonight and had a momentary loss of thought.  I always share my 4 Tips for successfully cutting Cricut Cuttables (items other than paper cut on a Cricut) and could not remember them.  So I thought I had better put them in writing in case I have another episode of Old Timer's Disease.  The items these tips apply to are Chipboard, Fabric, Stencil Material, Stamp Material, Magnet Material, Acetate, and Embossing Folder Material.

Tips
1-Use a NEW or practically new Mat (must be super tacky to hold product in place)
    If a new mat is not possible-use scotch tape on top & side of product to hold in place.
2-Try to select images or letters that are solid, chunky and full.  Stay away from thin lines, script or complicated patterns for best results.
3-Put product on your mat in HOME position but use your cricut arrows around the cut button to position blade a little down and a little left of Home position.  You will want blade to start cutting on the product rather than risk catching a corner
4-Slow speed down.  A slower speed will give your blade more time to find the right groove to cut and will help prevent the blade catching and pulling on the material.

Hope this makes sense and helps you with cutting some other fun Cricut items.  If after reading this your lost than please join me in a Cricut Basic Class.  I love teaching you what is possible with your machine and watching you get the same thrill I get when thinking about my Next Project!

No comments :