Monday, October 5, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


I keep hearing the statistics about Breast Cancer & I tell you I am just BLOWN AWAY.  The one most commonly heard is that every single person on the planet either has had breast cancer or knows someone that has had breast cancer.  Oh my Gosh-this is just too many women!!!!  So if YOU are a breast cancer Patient or Survivor my heart and prayers are with you.  At this moment in time I have a sister in law and an Aunt that were diagnosed with breast cancer.  My Sister in Law was only 36 and pregnant when she found out.  The doctors had to deliver her baby boy early so she could begin treatment and this amazing women went thru treatment, kept working and raising her two older girls and cared for her newborn baby.  My Aunt had a lumpectomy 10 years ago, and just this year during a routine mamography she found out the cancer was back & had to undergo a full mastectomy.  I am just at awe at what a women can go thru & just how strong she can be when she is determined.  My thoughts and prayers are with the hundrends & thousands of women out there trying to survive.  It is with these ladies in mind that I created a design for this years Ladies Night Out event I am including a picture for any out there that may want to duplicate this card for their loved one.  I know the lesson that I take away from these amazingly strong women battling this disease is HOPE.  We must HOPE for a positive outcome, we must HOPE for a cure, we must HOPE our challenges and struggles will educate the next generation.

No comments :