Monday, September 14, 2009

Congratulations Graduate!

My first born just completed his two year degree with Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, CA.  I'm very proud of him and was glad to be able to attend his graduation in CA on September 11th.  My other son Derek & I flew into Sacramento for graduation and proceeded to pick up the truck that my son had reserved to move his belongings back to UT.  Not that difficult or unusual right?  Well the stressful part for me came when I got a look at the 16ft moving truck and the tow unit attached to the back.  Can you say SEMI TRUCK.  I was prepared mentally to drive a big truck-but until I actually saw the monster I don't think I was REALLY prepared for the long haul.  Luckily the truck was very easy to drive and everything went smoothly on the two day trek back to Utah.  I do feel a little like a trucker chick now though.  I also know that even though I am not comfortable driving a large vehicle on narrow mountain passes- I would do or could do anything for my kids sake.  So we are home now and I now have to play catch up with my Housework, Roberts store events, PTSA checkbook, and with my other kids all the while looking forward to my next little piece of sanity the September 25-27 Retreat.  My thanks to everyone that offered their congratulations & support of our family's latest milestone.  Those darn kids just keep growing up-no matter how much  time I spend scrapbooking their baby pictures.  Its too bad preserving memories doesn't come with a freeze this moment in time button. 

No comments :