Thursday, January 9, 2014

Valentine Tic Tac Holder


So I had hoped to post a video today.....but my camera is out of commission!! Yikes
Here is the new Tic Tac Holder
I started by taking a 2 3/4 x 8 piece of red cardstock and I scored it at

3/4", 1 3/8", 4 5/16" & 5" inch points
Then I used my Indie Art Cricut Cartridge to cut a 1" heart in the center of a strip of red holographic vinyl.
I wrapped the strip of vinyl around the base of some White Tic Tacs.  I then covered the top of the tic tac container with paper from the Echo Park Yours Truly collection.

Crease and fold on all of the score lines then attach tic tac box just under the second fold line.
Cut two mats of paper and cardstock to decorate the front flap.  I used some thin black ribbon to tie around the top of the mat.  This will be where you tuck in the flap for closure.

I cut a 1 3/4" Lip from the Indie Art Cartridge. 
 I stamped a sentiment on the mat and used some foam tape to adhere the lips to the center. 
This is the finished Valentine Goodie that can be so easy to make for classroom gifts, neighbors or co-workers.
It's amazing how cute projects can be with just some quality scrap paper and some simple shapes that your Cricut can cut in large quantity.
~Hugs & Kisses for Valentine's Day!!!