Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Talk Time Tuesday: Best Surprise from your Sweetheart



Hi Ladies, Valentine's Day is almost upon us again so I thought I would give us a chance to share some fun past Surprises from our Sweethearts.  These do not have to be valentine related.

I have a wonderfully supportive husband who takes time to appreciate and understand my hobby, and I know many of you ladies do as well.  I have seen some of the wonderful comments made on various blogs and our Sweethearts seem to have one thing in common:  They are thoughtful!  So here is our chance to share some of that with other crafters.  For my part I want to share a story I posted some time ago, but that some of my new followers may not have read.  Hope you enjoy it-I sure did!

I have shared this story with a couple of you and it gets harder and harder to keep a straight face when I do...so I will post it here on the blog. This way I won't have to repeat the story in a public place and have everyone stare at me when I say the word TAMPON DISPENSER. Yes, you read that correctly read on. When I returned HOME from a four day Scrapbooking Retreat I was surprised by my sweet Husband with a special project he had created just for me. (awwww) Apparantly while I was gone he spent a little time browsing the craft store shelves. He came across some photo boxes at Roberts that were on sale for a fantastic price. Being a very frugal shopper he was sure he could create something really cool with this BARGAIN-so he bought two. He proceeded to paint, wedge together and put handles on these boxes to create a mini-medicine cabinet for his unsuspecting wife-ME. It was adorable and when he gave it to me I was surprised & impressed. He even found pictures of the two of us to put on the front for display. I was thrilled but then the surprise was even better because when I opened the mini-cabinet I noticed he had drilled two holes and installed a dowel rod across one side. Pretty handy of him-Right? Well being held back by the dowel was my supply of Tampons standing neatly in a row. He was beaming and I was laughing hysterically. My sweet crafty thoughtful Husband had created a Tampon Dispenser for me!!!!! I told him he could probably make a fortune mass producing these-but I think this one for me will be his only one. So here's a picture of MY VERY OWN TAMPON DISPENSER.

5 comments :

Monica said...

Awww, hubby's are sure the greatest.

My hubby just recently found this awesome chair they were getting rid of at our local doctors office. He took it to his moms and totally redid the look of the chair to match my craft room!! I absolutely fell in love with it!
Thanks hubbies!!!

Kich724 said...

I love the husband idea.. he is soo sweet!

Anne said...

That story will forever more be the funniest one. You have a great husband

zgoof said...

I also have a fantabulous hubby!!! He is not a creative one like Kyle but he is always there for me whenever I need anything. He treats me like a queen!! My favorite surprise was last year for Valentines he had a barbershop quartet come sing to me at work. The best was that he met them there and he sang along with them when they sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart". Made me feel giddy all over again!!!

Ale said...

awww!! i love your story that is amazing u are a lucky girl!and is such a nice idea :D love it!!!! you are both so creative!!