Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Home Updates-Living Room & Bedroom

The Bedroom

 I love Sundays because after church our family loves to retreat to our own spaces and enjoy some quiet time-reading, and relaxing.
My hubby and I sometimes watch a movie (or a football game) but mostly we spend some time reading-talking-planning for the week ahead.
 When we moved we kept all of our large furniture  pieces but we decided to change all of our bedding and decor.  Since my new house had a really cool ceiling fan in a nice chocolate brown color I decided to add brown to our favorite color RED~!
The Formal Living Room
 We also sometimes have company come over for visits on Sunday so the first room I finished decorating  is our formal living room.
 This is the room that HAS TO stay clean-so of course it has all of my favorite things in it!
 I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in Boston, Massachusetts so of course I have a healthy appreciation for tchotchkes (trinkets).
 The 2 high back chairs are treasured finds-but the upholstery doesn't match the decor.  So I decided to cover them with some matching fabrics and add some lovely pillows from Bed, Bath & Beyond (I used my Cricut to add some customization on the white pillows)  Stay tune for more holiday projects with my Cricut and these pillows!
 
I love having a quiet place to read or meditate and reflect.  These first two rooms are so important to me for centering and focusing my life before heading off to my busy and sometimes chaotic life.  So of course I had to get them done first.  It's been a year since we have moved into our new home and I am really enjoying the journey of making each room the special places we envision and taking time to find just the right details to make each place uniquely ours.
Thanks for letting me share-hope this inspires you to find those special items that make the rooms in your home special to you!

No comments :