Thursday, September 25, 2014

Front Porch Makeover w/ Crafty Mesh Wreath

Autumn Blessings

 I created this Fall Wreath out of 4 types of Crafty Mesh-The Burlap colored one was my inspiration and I tied all of my colors back to that one.  All of my supplies for this wreath were purchased at Michael's and with all of their Fall items 50% off I spent only $27.00!!!
My Favorite is this little red basket that I stuffed with plastic bags to give the veggies a lift before I hot glued them into place.  Used some leaves and flowers and it makes a beautiful focal point.  I think it says Harvest-don't you?

 I also loved the glass beads that give this a nice twist.  I wrap this around the entire wreath and made sure all of the stems faced forward and around flower bunches I hot glued on.
 Once the Wreath was ready-I decided my porch needed a pick me up to match its beauty.
 So after a lot of washing and scrubbing-this is the blank slate I started with.
 The concrete was flaking and breaking off which made for a not so pretty look.  So I broke out my leftover spray paints and oops paint from Home Depot and started coming up with ways to spruce up the porch with not much money.
 My tired looking black mat & tan bench get an Oregano Spice makeover-they look wonderful now!!

 I used two can of spray paint for a whopping $7.00 cost-these puppies will look nice and new for another 2 years!!

 The oops paint was only $2.00!!! What a different $2.00 made-my porch looks brand new and the chipping concrete is now sealed in for a bit-I gave it 3 coats (2 quart cans).  If you really want it to last a clear cement sealer would be a good idea-but this will do for me for right now-we may do some stamped concrete eventually so for now this is just a cosmetic fix.

 I added some decorative touches-I will have a Cricut Scarecrow and some trim added to this table with a message to my friends/neighbors that come a calling.
 The new mat looks great and ready to take some more wear and tear.
 I found some fall decor items from my collection that seemed to work great outside-I will replace these with real pumpkins after a family trip to the pumpkin patch.

 My frumpy tired porch now looks ready for FALL Y'ALL!!!
These Cricut Explore cut babies will sit on the bench when its not raining-1 says Autumn and the other will say Blessings.  I made some fun/creepy ones for Halloween that I can substitute out when October arrives.
Had so much fun with this project-I hope you feel inspired to re-do some worn out pieces and give them new life around your home.
Thanks for visiting!!

No comments :