Thursday, October 17, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all!

Happy Fall Y'all....wherever you are I hope you are enjoying some beautiful FALL COLOR!
Here is my attempt to enjoy some of the wonderful leaf colors I've noticed around my home.
I created this project for my California Swarm friends and wanted to share some tips on making one for yourself.

I went to Walmart and found these fantastic felt leaf place-mats in a couple different colors (they also have pumpkin shapes) and couldn't resist turning it into something else.

I used my Cricut (of course) to cut out some coordinating fabric letters that I ironed on to a scrap piece of burlap that I hot glued to the center of the leaf.  I stapled a burlap piece of ribbon to the top to make the hanger portion and then had fun decorating!
So easy and simple...what was even more fun is seeing the personal touches and changes some of the ladies made with their leaves.  I had some silk fall leaves, and acorn shaped bells, and a little bling that added some special touches.  And if your wondering how I got the distressed look just use your heat gone in some select spots for an extra second or two and you will see just how much fun it is to add some fall crinkle to your project!
Hope you try one for yourself!


1 comment :

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really pretty tfs. hugs