Friday, November 9, 2012

Is it SNOW wonderful where you are?

The weather has been unseasonably warm in Utah-
and I am ready for some SNOW!
I know in some places the snow has already hit and for the folks back East I know SNOW is the last thing they need right now!  So share with us what its like in your neck of the woods....and are you happy about it???
This Winter wonderland layout is one I created at my last retreat and I wanted to share a tip about making some snow on a page.
There are several craft options available like a snow pen, snow tex in a jar, glitter and of course white flocking, but for this layout I used some left over batting that came in a jewelry box.  I trimmed it down and added some glitter for that glistening look and I really like it.
Even though it appears really fluffy it flattens down nicely in a page protector and still looks like mounds of snow at the bottom of my pictures.

I am originally from Boston, Massachusetts so my heartfelt prayers are going out to the folks back east and all of those suffering from Hurricane Sandy.....let's keep them in our prayers and do what we can to help them.  I am just heartbroken when I see the devastation and the loss of so many of what I know are their treasured memories!

4 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty LO! Lee-Ann :)

Rhonda Emery said...

love the layout. super cute

DIANA L. said...

Nice layout Cathy. great papers and colors.

Migdalia said...

Beautiful LO!!I enjoy it!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Migdalia