Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Talk Time Tuesday-Time Management

Since there is no chance any of us will get more than 24 hours to use in a day-let's share some advice for getting the most out of your day.  Many of you SUPER WOMEN out there are taking on 2-3 maybe more roles on at once, and find very little time for yourselves and your hobbies.  As the Holiday Season approaches our creative side gnaws at us just a little more than usual and our kids are starting to have Fall Recess, Winter Recess and other miscellaneous breaks from school that use up even more of our spare time.  So what ways have you found to help you BE CREATIVE or BE REJUVENATED???  Post a comment and share with us how we can all get through this holiday season feeling like we managed our time well.

Many of you know that sleep is a BIG issue for me (or should I say the lack of sleep is a big issue for me) and I would never suggest anyone try going with less sleep.  I would however recommend when possible going to sleep just a bit earlier at least once a week so that you can get up just a bit earlier the next morning and enjoy the peaceful sound of your home before the rest of the family wakes up for their day.  You would be amazed how uplifting an hour to yourself--to read a book, make a card, bake a box of ready mix muffins or take a walk around your block can be.  My husband invited me to "get some air" last night after dinner--and I can't tell you how nice it was to take 3 steps out my front door-sit on our park bench- and listen to the wind through the leaves of our tree.  Even though the rest of the day felt like a scramble those 10 minutes to just sit and breathe made the day end on a restful note.  (By the way our kids thought we were so weird to sit out front that they left us alone for those 10 minutes!)

2 comments :

Angie {Founding Chef Consultant} said...

I am still trying to figure out how to be creative and rejuvenated. With three kids under 5, it's pretty tough. I know I feel better when I have had some exercise. I often feel rejuvenated when I have been creative - which is not too often. But I do find some sanity in telling myself - "They are only little for a season!" I can then cherish the photos I have of my little ones.

zgoof said...

Time Management is one of the things I struggle with. It might have something to do with the fact that I am the Queen of procrastination!!!!!