Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween & Christmas Gift Idea












I created these blocks last year for Roberts but they make such a Cute & Easy gift idea for the Holidays that I thought I would share them again this year.  I used different Acrylic Stamping Blocks, Modge Podge, Patterned Paper & Vinyl.
Any size block is fine-My craft store had a wavy edge Acrylic Block with grid lines.  As you can see the lines don't really affect the look but if you prefer clear ones those come mainly in square or rectangle shapes.
Cut your patterned paper and Modge Podge to the back of your block.  Add another coat of Modge Podge to the back to seal the paper to the block.  If you want to add a photograph then I recommend using a color copy printed on regular copy paper or lightweight cardstock.  The photo paper tends to be a little too bulky and does sometimes discolor.  For my photo block I simply matted the picture with cardstock and the created a mini layout that I then glued to the block.  Once your paper or picture is on and dry--Use your Cricut to cut letter, shapes, flowers, flourishes, anything you like to decorate block from the front.  You can also use a clear wet glue to attach bling or paper flowers.  Most blocks are nice and thick and will stand on their own for a great Home Decor item.  My Halloween block had grooves all the way around so I added ribbon and bow to hide them.

2 comments :

Scrappin' Sista said...

Hey CWC sista. Just stopping by to show you some luv and say, "Hello." I look forward to getting to you know you and work with you. Take care.

Christel
www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

P.S. This is a really neat idea. I hope you don't mind me lifting it.

Mrs.X said...

Had a GREAT time at the retreat this weekend.... for all of you followers, if you are thinking about it... DO IT!! You will never regret it and it is worth every penny and more, can't wait for the next one!! Thanks Cathie!!