Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Studio Project

I started with two of these 12x16 Canvas' from craft store (came in 2 pack for $9.00 and used a 40% off coupon)
 Bought a couple of baskets on clearance rack for $3.00 each and found the metal piece for $5.00 in the clearance bins (paid $2 for spray paint to change from white to black)
 Wired baskets to the canvas-attached canvas to wall with a piece of wood behind to hold weight of baskets...cut chalkboard vinyl in a fun shape and added to one side-the other side will have dry erase vinyl in same shape and a magnetic frame so can double as a magnetic board also and put the entire piece up to coordinate with my Studio decor.
The baskets will hold flyers of upcoming classes or sign up sheets for classes.  I loved making my own functional decorator piece that matched my style rather than paying $40 plus for a premade piece that would not have been exactly what I want.  Hope this inspires you to make a one of a kind home decor project of your own.

No comments :