Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tip Tuesday! Make your own Glimmer Mist!

Hello!

It's Tracy here from Owl Be Craftin' and today I am going to show you how to make your own Glimmer Mists.  I love to use them on my layouts and cards, but sometimes they do get a little expensive or you cannot find the right color.  
To start out, you want some Perfect Pearls, a Mini Mister, a straw, water, and a reinker (optional).

I cut off the tip of the straw at an angle to create a little "spoon."  Pick up a little of the Perfect Pearls with the straw.  I decided to use Biscotti because it gives the mist a shine, but doesn't add color.

Put the Perfect Pearls in the Mini Mister and fill the Mister up with water.

Gently mix the Perfect Pearls with the water.  Do not shake it because you will end up with bubbles and it will not spray even.  Rock the bottle back and forth.

If you want to add color to your mist, pick any color Distress Re-Inker and add two or three drops.  

Now, you have your very own Glimmer Mist.  You could also use a colored Perfect Pearls or try to mix some Distress colors to see how it turns out.  Have fun!

~Tracy

4 comments :

Besthobbyeva said...

WOW!!! How easy and so clever. I never have the color I want!!! I can't wait to give this a try. Thanks you very much for sharing this technique.

Besthobbyeva said...

WOW!!! How easy and so clever. I never have the color I want!!! I can't wait to give this a try. Thanks you very much for sharing this technique.

Cheryl said...

Great tutorial! Thank you for sharing!

DIANA L. said...

Fun tutorial Tracy. TFS.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com