Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome Orlena


Let me introduce you to another one of my Design Team members Orlena (those of us that know and love her call her Lena).  She will be our Card/Stamping Expert.  She is also Copic Certified.  Here is what she tells us about her crafting experience.
"I enjoy Card Making, Scrap Booking, Stamping, Sewing, Quilting and attempting to incorporate them together into one craft project!  I like to keep all my things as organized as I can. Sometimes I feel like Im always organizing and rarely creating.I started my scrap booking with just a handful of pens, paper and scissors. Now I have several areas in the home dedicated to the wonderful world of creative products."

Lena is happy to teach card making tips & projects in her home and is excited to also create projects for our Creative Cutter Room.  I know you will love her projects-I certainly do.  Here is
the first card she created for our Followers...

Supplies Used:
Artistic Etchings StampSet-Stampin' Up!
Black CS 41/4 x 5 1/2 embossed using Damask or Textile embossing folder.
Cherry Cobbler CS 3 3/4 x 2 3/4
Whisper White CS 3 1/2 x 2 1/2
Rusty Pickle (or SU ribbon) 
Black Ink
Crumb Cake Craft Ink 
Technique Used:  to create unique background on the White CS use a crumpled up piece of saran wrap and dab on Crumb Cake Ink pad then dab on CS.  Repeat until background has an aged look. For all other stamped images use 2nd generation stamping of the crumb cake ink to create a distorted appearance.  The finished result will be a vintage looking card without alot of inking.

Post a comment with questions for Lena or requests for future card projects you would like to see her focus on.  On Monday of next week I will randomly draw a name from those that posted comments and are followers to this website to win a Heidi Swapp Stamp set "Crowns"

3 comments :

Glora said...

I lived in France for a year and a half and I love this card! These stamps are super cute and I love how you combined all of your elements.

Lori Robinett said...

Love this card - your ribbon is tied perfectly! (and I can relate to the always organizing, never creating dilemna!)

Angi Barrs said...

What a beautiful card. I'd love to see a card for a boy/man. I'm always looking for ideas to make more of those.